Two years ago today... Joseph was on a business trip in Chicago. It was his 3rd day out of town. I was 36 weeks pregnant (almost 37 weeks). It was a Friday (9/11/08). I went to work (teaching 1st grade at HES), came home with Anna, and put her to bed that evening. Joseph's flight came in around 11pm. I did not hear him come home. However, I did get up around 1am to use the bathroom. At that moment, I sensed something 'strange and different'. My water had broke! (this was a first for me - it did not happen with Anna's birth) I was a little panicked because my due date was 3 1/2 weeks away. We called Nana to come over to our house in the middle of the night to stay with Anna while she continued to sleep in her bed. Joseph and I went to the hospital. The doctor came in the morning. Landon Thomas Ballard was born that Saturday (9/12/08) at 11:46am weighing 6 lbs. 15 oz. (one ounce more than his sister weighed). He was healthy and beautiful with a head full of dark hair! Anna met her big brother that afternoon. Landon brings us so much JOY! We cannot imagine our lives without him. Thank you God for blessing us with Landon! What a happy (and handsome) 2 year old he has turned out to be!
1 day old - Home from the hospital

so proud of her little brother

1 year old
Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Landon!

2 comments:
I loved seeing the baby Landon pics on here and FB!
Happy Birthday big boy!!! Hope being 2 is so much fun!!!
(Carson weighed one ounce more than Catherine also! 6 12 and 6 13. :) )
Post a Comment